Your career will be more successful by mastering certain “non-academic” skills that enable you to work more effectively. The goal of this seminar series is to help students become more effective researchers, communicators, and project collaborators. Each seminar will cover a key skill, drawing upon the experience of faculty and guests. We will use real situations to build experience and confidence.
- How to write an irresistible abstract.
- How to review a technical paper
- Presenting your research results … in 1 minute, 3 minutes, and 30 minutes.
- How to write a research proposal
- Getting the most value from a conference
- Finding successful – and compatible – research partners
- How to speak (and listen) to industry and businesses
- So you need venture capital?
- Working with international agencies and committees
- How to get help
Energy Graduate Group/Transportation Technology and Policy students or permission of instructor.
Spring Quarter 2018
Dates: April 6, April 13, April 27, May 4, May 11, May 18, June 1
Time: 10am – 11am
Location: UC Davis West Village – 1605 Tilia Street Main Conference Room
Access materials from the seminars.
Organized by Alan Meier, Energy Graduate Group, Environmental Science & Policy