Achieving an affordable and sustainable energy future requires a highly innovative workforce. To keep pace with rapid changes in technology and market needs, we must create education and training programs that prepare students and professionals with the knowledge, skills, and training needed to advance the energy sector in a cost-effective and environmentally sustainable way.
The EEI has developed one of the leading energy efficiency education programs in the nation. Our current program consists of:
- An Energy Graduate Group that offers graduate students a world-class interdisciplinary education in energy studies.
- Undergraduate & graduate energy efficiency courses.
- An undergraduate minor in energy efficiency.
- An Emerging Energy Professionals Program for students engaged in the Center’s research projects, preparing them for careers in energy efficiency related fields.
- Project-based learning opportunities, including the student-led, Solar Decathlon competition to design and build a sustainable home.
- A Veterans to Energy to facilitate the transition of military service members into rewarding energy careers.
- A strong alumni network that provides critical connections in academia, industry, and government organizations.