To advance our energy system, the Energy and Efficiency Institute has built a strong research program through its Centers, Global Impact Efforts, Collaborators, and Research Initiatives. The EEI integrates technical and business expertise to drive market-changing energy efficiency solutions by:
- Conducting leading research in lighting; heating, ventilation, air-conditioning, and refrigeration; water-energy efficiency; and plug-in hybrid and electric vehicles.
- Developing solutions in the wine, food, and beverage industry.
- Conducting market research to help utility and energy companies evaluate the market demand and potential for emerging technologies and solutions.
- Developing safe, secure data platforms on which advanced analytics can generate insights into efficiency efforts.
- Creating new approaches to building audits, identification of energy efficiency opportunities, and financing mechanisms.
- Accelerating the transfer of energy innovations to and from developing countries.
- Fostering research and collaboration in energy economics.
- Understanding human behavior and its connection to energy.
- Improving user interfaces on energy equipment and systems.