Motivated to tell stories through visual communications? The Energy and Efficiency Institute (EEI) at the University of California, Davis, is seeking a graphic designer/creative specialist student to put their design skills to work assisting EEI’s Creative Specialist. Guided by EEI’s Creative Specialist, this position requires a student with a desire and motivation to learn and grow—to be curious and ask questions with the goal of becoming a graphic design professional. This person’s task will include creating website graphics, signage, logo design, brochure design, social media, photography, motion-graphics, and videography for EEI and its sister centers (Western Cooling Efficiency Center, Center for Water-Energy Efficiency).
Appointment length: Summer 2023 and the next school year
Salary: $16 hr.
Job Location: 1605 Tilia Street // Suite 100 // Davis, CA 95616
Anticipated Start Date: July 2023
- Conceptualize, design, and produce artwork, graphics, and video for the energy cluster’s websites (EEI, WCEC, CWEE) , social media platforms, and Powerpoint presentations.
- Design and layout brochures, Visual Abstracts, Case Studies, and Annual Reports
- Second shooter of photography and videography for events and projects
- Edit photos in Adobe Camera Raw
- Edit videos in Adobe Premiere
- Identify and implement social media/marketing opportunities through Twitter and LinkedIn
- Graphic Design or related major
- Portfolio demonstrating your visual capabilities (web-based preferred, but will accept printed)
- Motivation to learn more and grow as a creative
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (especially Illustrator, InDesign and CameraRAW)
- Proficiency in Microsoft office suite and Google Docs
- Excellent time-management skills: proactive communication regarding availability and deadlines
- Hybrid work environment: Set days in the office, other days virtual
- Demonstrates excellent illustrative talent that can create unique, visually compelling illustrations from technically complex subjects
- Extensive photography experience with SLR and/or mirrorless SLR cameras that demonstrates a strong grasp of composition techniques and lighting
- Videography experience that includes understanding how to utilize powered external lighting, off-camera audio, and gimbal usage
- High proficiency in combining and editing multiple video and audio clips in Adobe Premiere and demonstrates skill in proper editing techniques
- Experience creating motion graphics using Adobe After Effects with a heavier emphasis on animating vector graphics